There are three main ways to get to northwest Montana:
By Car: Swan Mountain Ranch and the Swan Mountain Outfitters Base Camp are both located off of Montana Highway 83, within 12 miles of each other. Highway 83 bisects the Swan Seeley Valley and can be accessed from the north near Bigfork, Montana using Montana Highway 35 and from the south near Missoula, Montana using Montana Highway 200.
As you drive along Highway 83, keep an eye out for deer and elk as they are prolific on this road.
By Plane: There are two airports that service this part of western Montana:
1. Glacier Park International Airport in Kalispell, Montana (airline code: FCA)
2. Missoula International Airport in Missoula, Montana (airline code: MSO)
The airport in Kalispell is about an hour away from Swan Mountain Ranch and is the better choice for those visitors who want to access other areas attractions such as the Flathead Valley, Glacier National Park, or the Bob Marshall Wilderness. The airport in Missoula is about an hour and a half away from Swan Mountain Ranch.
By Train: Amtrak has train stations in both Whitefish, Montana and West Glacier, Montana
Click Here to download a PDF file with detailed driving directions to get to both Swan Mountain Ranch (located 7 miles south of Swan Lake, Montana) and the Swan Mountain Outfitters Base Camp (located in Condon, Montana). the base camp serves as a launch off point for all activities conducted by Swan Mountain Outfitters in and around the Swan Valley and Bob Marshall Wilderness Complex.
- Our History
- Where in Northwest Montana?
- Montana Guided Hunts
- Know Before You Go!
- Montana Black Bear Hunts
- Duck & Buck Guided Hunts
- Montana Guided Elk Hunting
- Montana Guided Whitetail Deer Hunting
- Montana Guided Mule Deer Hunting
- Montana Guided Mountain Lion Hunts
- Montana Guided Moose & Mountain Goat Hunting
- Custom Guided Montana Hunts
- Guided Hunting Rates & Dates
- Our Swan Mountain Horses
- Why Swan Mountain Outfitters?
- Montana Guided Fly Fishing Trip
- Montana Wilderness Horseback Pack Trips
- Montana Horseback Trail Rides & Wagon Ride
- Montana Outfitter Prices and Dates
- Swan Mountain Guest Ranch
- Special Offers
- Our Sport Show Schedule
- Contact Us
- Directions to Our Facilities