The ONLY Horseback Rides Inside Glacier National Park – Brought To You By Swan Mountain Outfitters
Glacier National Park is one of the most precious resources in the country and there is no better way to view the “Jewel of the Continent” than to see the sites while horseback riding. Swan Mountain Outfitters is a one of a kind family owned business dedicated to making our guided horseback tours the highlight of your Glacier National Park vacation.
There is a long standing history of horseback riding in and around Glacier Park. In fact, the first Park visitors arrived via the Great Northern Railroad and then spent days, and sometimes even weeks, touring the Park staying along the way at tent camps or backcountry chalets that were set approximately one day’s horseback ride apart from each other.
Swan Mountain Outfitters is honored to be carrying on a nearly century long tradition of trail riding in and around Glacier National Park. We don’t think there could be a better way to experience Glacier, so we invite you, your family and your friends to come and join us on a horseback adventure through this unspoiled and awe-inspiring national treasure.
Our Horseback Services Include:
- The only trail rides inside Glacier Park and now in West Glacier!
- Overnight horseback trips from our West Glacier Corral
- Our Cowboy Cookout Ride – 3 hours of riding with a steak dinner
- Full day and multi-day saddle paddle packages
- Customized Glacier Park drop camp trips
- Packing services into Glacier’s backcountry
- Packing services to guests of Sperry Chalet and Granite Park Chalet
Our most popular offering is our trail ride where experienced wranglers guide you on horseback tours ranging from one hour to a full day in length. We offer these trail rides from four stunning locations:
- Apgar Corral – near the main entrance on the west side
- Lake McDonald Corral – across the road from Lake McDonald Lodge
- Many Glacier Corral – across from Many Glacier Hotel on the east side
- West Glacier Corral – located outside Glacier National Park in West Glacier, about 2 miles from the Park’s west entrance
We can accommodate riders of all skill levels. The horses are gentle and our staff is friendly and ready to meet you. Let us help you make your Glacier vacation an experience to remember for years to come!
Employment Opportunities in Glacier National Park
Many people dream of working a season in Glacier National Park. Swan Mountain Outfitters is always looking for energetic, customer-oriented, horse savvy wranglers. So be sure to visit the page describing wrangler training and employment opportunities.